Thursday, November 15, 2012

Our long national agent search is over...

I "signed" with Julia Lord Literary Management.  I'm excited and Julia and agent Ginger Curwen sound excited too.  Ginger gave my manuscript, White with Fish, Red with Murder, a good read.  From talking to her, I feel as if she really understood what I was trying to do.  She seemed to catch all the obscure allusions and the spirit of fun.  Julia has great enthusiasm for the book, and I hope she's right because it sounds like she has higher hopes for it than I did.  She was knocked out of her W. 9th St. office by Hurricane Sandy, but called me from her temp. quarters in Western Mass. to offer representation.   
They're a great pair for me to be working with as a first time novelist.  Let's hope this is the beginning of a wonderful partnership. 

No comments:

Post a Comment